Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Easter morning! Jack was hilarious with the grass in his Easter basket. He kept making these funny faces. maybe the texture gave him the willies - like fingernails on a chalkboard... I dunno, but it was soooo funny to watch. He kind of looks like an old man in this one...



He seemed to get great satisfaction when he realized he could just throw it all over the place.


Emma is what I like to call "totally two". The following sums up "totally two":
  1. Picks out own clothes. Following criteria applies (in order of importance): comfort (jeans are out), color (anything pink), anything that is the opposite of what Mommy or Daddy suggests, and usually wears shoes on wrong feet. The picture above is a good example - this was Emma's idea of a "nice Easter outfit".
  2. Says "NO" to everything, but doesn't really mean it - it's almost like an involuntary reflex. I've heard this re-emerges in adolescence. 
  3. Insists on doing everything "by myself". This is fine with me - to a certain degree. Exceptions include wiping after #2, using scissors alone, and driving in Mommy's car alone - all of which Emma feels she can do all alone and she is very passionate about her opinion.
  4. Questions. Why? What are you talking about? Who did it? Where is it? She hasn't started on how or when... I'm sure those are sure to come soon!!! 

Emma is a chocolate lover... what can I say? It's in her blood... seriously I think I ate chocolate chip cookies almost everyday when I was pregnant w/ her. She devoured an entire chocolate bunny in minutes. Bryan now knows he has to get the smallest one he can find.


Egg Hunt in Nana & Papa's backyard!

Jack is waving now - so cute!

Papa and Jack!

My beautiful sister!

2 comments:

bev said...

Looks like you all really enjoyed Easter week end! The dressing thing is definitely genetic-Em did it too. I remember a similar Easter outfit choice lol. What fun!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love your updates, so funny!! Looks like you had a great Easter, give those kiddos kisses for me. Love and miss ya'll!! :)