Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bethany Beach 2010






We just spent a week at Bethany Beach, DE - our favorite (who am I kidding.... our ONLY) vacation spot! It was AWESOME. Bryan and his brother Will have spent 2 weeks there every summer. Mimi (their grandma) would load them up and make the 3+hr drive. She would be sure to fill their 2 week stay with fun - shopping @ the junk stores, going to the 'honky-tonk', spending the entire day on the beach, and simply indulging the boys in whatever they wanted! This made for many, many awesome memories. As adults, the nosalgia they feel once they arrive at Bethany is manifested by creating this same expeirence for our children. I would say Will is worse than Bryan, but they are both pretty bad and the spouses just have to step back and follow their lead. And under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you ever criticize any of these nostalgic activities in any way whatsoever!!! I learned this the hard way on this last trip.


I can't lie - I love Bethany too. Even though my trips didn't start until I was an adult I would still agree that there is something magical about that place and I love watching the kids fall in love with it.


Here are some pix from our trip.....




No comments: